Westminster School Council (W.S.C.)
Westminster’s School Council (W.S.C.) is a group of parents, teachers, principal, staff, students and community members who work together to promote the effectiveness of the entire school community and thereby enhance student learning.
A school council facilitates cooperation among all those who have an interest in the programs and policies of the local school. School councils provide advice and consultation to the principal regarding educational issues across all programs. While the Council’s goal is to form a working partnership with the school, the principal and school board will continue to be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the school and the ultimate responsibility of ensuring that decisions are in the best educational interest of the students in the school and the district.
Please consider joining our Zoom based and engaged Westminster School Council for 2020- 2021. Our students’ learning and development are influenced by the key systems of their lives – family, school, friends, and community. Our goal is to engage our families in working together as a learning community! All parents are welcome to attend. Minutes of the meetings and agendas are posted to Schoolzone. You can contact our WSC Chair, Sheila Graham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Westminster Music Society
The Westminster Music Society seeks to promote and support music education at Westminster School and in the community. The Society seeks to support and enrich the educational experience of all our Westminster Warriors.
- Providing quality instruments to band students
- Providing supplemental funding for extracurricular activities that promote musical education and enrich community events by enabling Westminster students to perform
- Purchasing music and maintaining instruments and equipment
- Providing affordable music education to those unable to provide it for themselves
- Providing educational supports. Providing transportation for music students
- Providing financial support (through Casino funds) to the school. Some examples are - technology be it computers, chrome books, smart boards and sound equipment, replacing folding chairs and portable staging used for school functions.
- Having open communication between the Westminster School Council and the Westminster Music Society.
"It's a place where kids can find their kindred spirits.
The teachers are dedicated and interested in the students."
- Westminster Parent