Westminster School has a pre-determined number of spaces for students in the school, certain classes, and/or specific programs. Limiting the number of students who can attend helps the school maintain excellent teaching and learning conditions for members in our learning community.
- We have a maximum enrolment limit of 535 students for the entire school.
- We have an optimal enrolment limite of 175 students in Grade Seven.
Guaranteed Access to Westminster School
- Students residing in the Westminster Attendance Area have guaranteed access to the school.
- Students who are currently in the IBMYP and/or the IBPYP at Westglen, Coronation and Glenora have guaranteed access to the school.
- Grade Six students who have a sibling currently attending Westminster School and will continue attending in either Grade 8 and/or Grade 9 in 2020 - 2021.
Some schools don't have enough space for all students who want to attend. If the number of students who want to attend a school or program exceeds the space available, new applicants from outside the school's designated attendance are (but within the City of Edmonton), are chosen by random selection.
Should the number of Grade Six students requesting space at Westminster School for Grade Seven exceed 175 students, a random selection will occur. The random selection process is conducted by Division Administration to ensure all students are provided equal opportunity to attend the school and/or program.
The Pre-Enrolment Process for students in Edmonton Public Schools opens through SchoolZone on Monday, March 9th at 9:00 AM. Registration for non Edmonton Public Schools students are now being accepted up until Wednesday, April 15th at 4:00 PM.
Wednesday, April 15th at 4:00 PM is the closing of the Pre-Enrolment Process at all Edmonton Public Schools.
Our school office will open on Wednesday, August 26th, 2020 at 9:00 AM and will close at 4:00 PM daily. If you need to connect with the school prior to our office opening in August, please email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org. The first day of school for all of our Warriors is Wednesday, September 2nd, 2020.