2018-2019 Pre-Enrolment and Registration
Westminster School has a pre-determined number of spaces for students in the school, certain classes, and/or specific programs. Limiting the number of students who can attend helps the school to maintain excellent teaching and learning conditions for all students.
- We have a maximum enrolment limit of 535 students for the entire school.
- We have an optimal enrolment limit of 175 students in Grade Seven.
Guaranteed Access to Westminster School
- Students residing in the Westminster Attendance Area have guaranteed access to the school.
- Students who are currently in the IBMYP and/or IBPYP at Glenora, Westglen and Coronation have guaranteed access to the school.
- Grade Six students who a have a sibling currently attending Westminster School and will continue attending in either Grade 8 and/or Grade 9 in 2018-2019.
Some schools don't have enough space for all the students who want to attend. If the number of students who want to attend a school or program exceeds the space available, new applicants from outside the school's designated attendance area (but within the City of Edmonton), are chosen by random selection.
Should the number of Grade Six studens requesting space at Westminter School for Grade Seven exceed 175, a Random Selection will occur. The random selection process is conducted by District Administration to ensure that all students are provided equal opportunity to attend the school and/or program.
Registration Materials (all forms/links will be live on February 12th, 2018)
- EPSB New to District Registration Form
- Warrior View Book
- IB Expression of Interest Form
- Grade 7 Option Selection Form
- Grade 8 Option Selection Form
- Grade 9 Option Selection Form
April 16th, 2018 @ 4:00 PM is the closing of the Pre-Enrolment Process at all Edmonton Public Schools.
Our school office will be open on August 23rd, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. If you need to connect with the school prior to our office opening, please email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the 2017 - 2018 school year, we are only accepting the following:
- For Grade Seven, we are accepting students from within our catchment area (EPSB Find a School Tool) and outside of our catchment area into the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (IBMYP).
- For Grade Eight, we are only accepting students from within our catchment area who are new to the City of Edmonton and Edmonton Public Schools.
- For Grade nine, we are only accepting students from within our catchment area who are new to the City of Edmonton and Edmonton Public Schools.
We provided all of our families, current and new, with a Westminster Basic Supply list for the 2017 - 2018 school year via email in June 2017. If additional supplies are required, teachers will let students know in the first few days of school. For the 2018-2019 school year, we anticipate our supply list remaining the same.